Re: [LAU] Daemons, daemons...kill those daemons.

From: allan <sonofzev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 15:44:40 EEST

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 12:43 -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
> I think I'm going to go with KDE 4, just because it's the future, like
> it or not. Short of setting up a standalone machine that never gets
> updated, no one can stay on KDE 3 forever, so I'm plunging forward.

This is a rather blanket statement.. Linux is each to their own "freedom
of choice"... If someone gets the functionality they need from a wm and
it happens to be manually configured (like the old days)..

 for those of us that have been using linux for "pro" audio purposes for
a while we have learnt that an non-obtrusive wm tends to allow for lower
latencies (less polling happening)...

but as I said each to their own..