Re: [LAU] Jack-rack saves the sample rate with its patches

From: Adam Sampson <ats@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 17:10:59 EEST

(Sorry for the delayed response -- it's been a while since I've caught
up on l-a-u!)

Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Huh? Jack-rack saves the sample rate of a patch? Why?

One of the possible hints for LADSPA controls is to indicate that the
control's value should be scaled when the sample rate changes. This
means that if you save a rack at one sample rate and reload it at
another, JACK Rack has to know about it in order to adjust the control
values correctly. If it didn't do this, then you would need to maintain
a different rack file for each sample rate as you suggest, which'd be a
bit annoying.

I don't think I've actually seen it used in practice -- none of the
plugins I use have a parameter that's related to the sample rate...

--
Adam Sampson <ats@email-addr-hidden>                         <http://offog.org/>