[LAU] lovely weather

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 20 2009 - 20:08:52 EEST

Greetings,

In fact, we've had some terrible weather. Yesterday morning we had the
heaviest thunderstorm of the year so far, complete with great dark
rumbling skies and pyrotechnical displays of lightning. Lots and lots of
lightning.

Can you tell where this message is going ?

I like to think I'm not utterly deranged, so as a matter of course I
disconnect the power lines to my gear whenever we have a heavy storm.
And so I did this time, except I didn't unplug the cable modem
connection. Well, live and learn, and so I have, to the combined
expense of one modem, one router, and one laptop. (Sounds kinda like a
John Lee Hooker song). I'm actually happy the damage didn't include the
two desktop boxes also connected to the router.

I'll remember that cable connection next time, I promise.

Grumble...

Best,

dp