Re: [LAU] someone awhile back posted about how to make a bootable Linux flash drive?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 21 2009 - 06:42:06 EEST

Thanks. Using either 64Studio 2.1 DVD image and ArtistX 7.0 DVD ISO, it
makes a bootable flash drive that proceeds to try to mount a cdrom.

The second link doesn't seem to lead to any place to download IMG files,
and it doesn't look like 64Studio provides any img files ... well, they
talk about it but don't seem to provide them ...

Ronald Stewart wrote:
> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromImgFiles
>

> Thank you
>
> Ronald Stewart
> Creative Director
> Trinity Audio Group Inc.
> 9854 National Blvd. #322
> Los Angeles CA 90034
> 310-733-9285
> ronaldjstewart@email-addr-hidden <mailto:ronaldjstewart@email-addr-hidden>
>

> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 6:39 PM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:gnome@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> I thought I had kept the email, but can't find it now. I Googled, and
> tried one method that claimed to work with Debian, but it only produced
> a flash drive with an unknown partition table ...
>
> What I'd LIKE to do is be able to boot 64Studio from the flash drive,
> install that, then rework the flash drive to similarly install ArtistX.
>
> The CD drive in the target laptop is going bad, and partway through the
> install process starts having problems reading from the DVD/CD. My last
> attempt left me with a semi-functional 64Studio installation, but I'd
> rather do it right ...
>
> Or can you just dd an iso image to a hard drive????
>
> This is all so complex!
>
> --
> David
> gnome@email-addr-hidden <mailto:gnome@email-addr-hidden>