[LAU] Sineshaper. GUI refuses to open

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 17:45:21 EEST

I built Sineshaper 0.4.2 from the tarball. No problems with the build, and
running it as, jack-dssi-host -v sineshaper.so results in an audio connection
in qjackctl, and the midi connection is there, so that I can connect my midi
keyboard, but no GUI for Sineshaper is opening. See output below.

djmons@email-addr-hidden:~$ jack-dssi-host -v sineshaper.so

jack-dssi-host: Warning: DSSI path not set
jack-dssi-host: Defaulting to
"/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/lib/dssi:/home/djmons/.dssi"

jack-dssi-host: Looking for library "sineshaper.so" in /usr/local/lib/dssi...
found
jack-dssi-host: instance 0 on channel 0, plugin 0 is
"sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00"
jack-dssi-host: registering osc.udp://debian:14911/dssi
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 8 is MIDI bank 0
program 8, named 'Nasty'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 7 is MIDI bank 0
program 7, named 'Cosineshaper'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 6 is MIDI bank 0
program 6, named 'Noisy'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 5 is MIDI bank 0
program 5, named 'Clean'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 4 is MIDI bank 0
program 4, named 'Soft'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 3 is MIDI bank 0
program 3, named 'Bright'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 2 is MIDI bank 0
program 2, named 'Woodpecker'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 1 is MIDI bank 0
program 1, named 'Tremolo pad'
jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 0 is MIDI bank 0
program 0, named 'Default'

jack-dssi-host: OSC URL is:
osc.udp://debian:14911/dssi/sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00

checking sineshaper_gtk against ll-sineshaper
checking sineshaper_gtk against sineshaper
jack-dssi-host: trying to execute GUI at
"/usr/local/lib/dssi/sineshaper/sineshaper_gtk"
host: Ready

This is on a Debian Etch install, with KDE. I installed libglademm, and gtkmm,
which were necessary to compile Sineshaper, and since then I've been
installing all the glade, and gtk stuff I can find in synaptic, but cannot
get Sineshapers GUI to open.

Any suggestions as to what I'm missing?

Thanks for any help

Nigel.