Re: [LAU] Audacity: not good for making loops

From: Emiliano Grilli <emiliano.grilli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 29 2009 - 20:13:09 EEST

nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> On Sunday 28 June 2009 08:24:26 Emiliano Grilli wrote:
>> Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>> > Hallo,

>> > Actually the easy to use loop cutting is one of the reasons I still
>> > start Rezound besides Ardour. Its loop playing functionality is much
>> > nicer and more intuitive than Ardour's.
>>
>> I agree, rezound could be the best linux audio editor but
>> unfortunately doesn't play so well with JACK (it causes many
>> xruns). Do you know if it's still developed? Once fixed the JACK
>> problems, could be my editor of choice.
>
> Should we send out a call for adoption for Rezound?

Absolutely :)

Apart from JACK support, which is the biggest showstopper now, there
should be a bug related to "curved gain" if I recall correctly, which
is BTW a cool feature.

For the rest it's pretty there, I think. It would be very good a
preview for LADSPA effects.

There is another cool feature no other editor I know has, which is
"play looped but skip most of the middle".

I would like to help, but unfortunately my coding skills are very
primitive, I know some bash and not much more...

Some years ago I recall that digging in the mailing lists I read that
the developer was porting rezound to another graphical toolkit so
maybe is better to contact him before the adoption call :)

> Sincerely,
> Marije

Cheers

--