Re: [LAU] New Music

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 00:51:04 EEST

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:08:06 -0400
Bill Allen <bill@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Here are a couple of new songs that I've done recently with Ardour,
> Hydrogen, ZynAddSubFX, AMS, and some ladspa plugins. They are pretty
> different from each other so if you don't like the first try the other :)
>
> http://www.k2bea.org/Home/The_Tree_of_Life.ogg
> http://www.k2bea.org/Home/Reflections-Apples-low.ogg
>
> Best regards,
> Bill

Tree of life seems rather stiff, and that synthesiesed sax is not at
all good - hard to get right at the best of times.

Reflections is more dynamic. You really want to use compression on the
vocal so you can get more even levels. Also the singing sounds as though
there is a lack of confidence.

Disclaimer
Opinions likely to vary and settle in transit :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk