Re: [LAU] [OT] DV/HDV camera recommendation ?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 23:56:40 EEST

Greetings,

My thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions. Ah, another
complicated purchase. ;)

I decided to buy a Samsung SC-D382, a miniDV camcorder that has positive
reviews from Linux users. Cost was $99US, with free shipping, and I can
get cassettes and a FireWire cable locally. I'm looking forward to
getting into editing my own videos, but don't worry, I won't plague you
all with home movies of the grandkids harassing my dog.

Best,

dp