Re: [LAU] Wine + Firefox + Flash == No Audio with ALSA

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 20:40:17 EEST

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 06:15:47PM +0200, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
> 2009/7/11 Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>:
> >
> > WTF? OK, I just manually put the libflashplayer.so into the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins dir then. Re-start Firefox. Flash goo-dads show up in websites now. All is bliss, all is bliss.
> >
> > Except.
> >
> > No audio! None at all coming out of the audio card as MySpace music is supposedly playing.
> >
> What is in /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc (or firefoxrc )
> Here it's:
> ICEWEASEL_DSP="aoss"

Thanks! Mine was set to "none", apparently a known bug:

However, setting it to "aoss" didn't change anything. Still no sound on flash.

I haven't been able to find any documentation on this variable or what-all it's possible settings are.

I have only one sound card on this machine, so it's not like it's getting sent somewhere else.

I am indeed on Lenny.

-ken