[LAU] Getting Qsynth to work with JACK on Debian Lenny

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 23:50:06 EEST

A friend of mine who runs Debian Lenny (same as I do on this laptop),
Qsynth/fluidsynth (0.2.5-2.2) and JACK (0.109.2.5) that I have. I start
things this way:
1. Start JACK.
2. Start QSynth.
3. Connect QSynth to System output.
4. Connect my MIDI player to Qsynth.
5. Play MIDI - it works fine.

He does the same thing, and gets no sound whatsoever. But if he tells
QSynth to use ALSA or OSS, it works fine ...

Any ideas?

Basically, he's looking for a way to play MIDI versions of hymns from
websites (he's a priest). I don't suppose he really needs JACK for that,
but he also likes Aeolus ...

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden