Re: [LAU] The Many Ways of Pam Limits...

From: Jari Suominen <jari.suominen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 21:23:50 EEST

Brent Busby kirjoitti:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Paul Davis wrote:
> [...] details on pam_limits snipped
>
> Thank you for this information... That answers all my questions.

I got one more. I just installed new Eeebuntu version to my EEE and am
not able to get enough memory locked. Or something like that. I have
used the memlock 250000 setting in the past and it have worked but if I
try it now, Jack don't even start. If I lower the memlock setting lower,
at some point I get the Jack started, but memory amount is so low that I
got xruns like hell.

If I run Jack server + apps as sudo, everything works smoothly.

Does anyone have an idea how I could get everything working without
sudoing the apps?

Thanks,