Re: [LAU] Where is the music made in Linux?

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 21:33:37 EEST

P.S. if you want to offer ogg as well as mp3 downloads, there's a drupal
module called media mover which is pretty useful for doing file
transcoding. You can upload files in any format and then it transcodes
them to whatever formats you want. It uses ffmpeg so should be able to
handle anything that that can. We've been using it for video but it
should handle audio as well. There is currently a bug which means that
you can't transcode automatically on file upload into more than one
destination format (see http://drupal.org/node/486206 and
http://drupal.org/node/368956). This shouldn't be a problem though if
people upload in ogg and then have their files transcoded to mp3 for the
player.

andy