[LAU] Zyn and the art of jack audio/midi

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 01 2009 - 07:37:52 EEST

ZynAddSubFX is a truly amazing piece of work, an amazing little synth.
Sadly, when it comes to jack operation it's a case of flawed genius.

There's an experimental patch against the 2.4.0 release tarball at
<http://www.graggrag.com/?q=node/19>.

I've restructured the audio and midi drivers, and added Alsa audio. It
builds with multiple audio/midi options, nominate what to actually use
via command line parameters. The build options and default choices are
set as per normal in Makefile.inc.

If any mildly adventurous zyn enthusiast cared to try a build && run, I'd
appreciate 25 words or less on the experience. At the moment I'm mostly
interested in jack audio/midi performance.

The patch applies from the ZynAddSubFX-2.4.0/ directory, then off to src/
to edit Makefile.inc and build as usual.

cheers, Cal