Re: [LAU] AVLinux (Was: a bunch of stuff)

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 01 2009 - 18:35:59 EEST

On Friday 31 July 2009 11:54:33 Jean-Baptiste Mestelan wrote:
> So, this brings an other question : what is a good frequency for
> updates ? I remember that on Gentoo, it was better to sync the system
> frequently, as a two-month-late update could result in hard-to-solve
> conflicts. This seems less of a problem in Arch Linux ? (no flamebait
> intended)

For me it depends on project deadlines... if I am working on a performance, I
try not to do updates of my system, until after the whole rehearsal,
preparation and performance of the project, so that the system behaves as I
expect it to behave.

Then in downtime I can sit down and do an update, and fix any problems that
may occur.

sincerely,
Marije