Re: [LAU] MIDI trackers?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 18:38:31 EEST

Hi!
   You can set the midi device in ttrks config file or via commandline option.
Not sure, which one it was. You might even have to hack the code. But that's
ony the last resort. And even then never mind: I know it wasn't too dificult
to get it working.
   You don't have/dev/midiXX under ALSA, but you have::
/dev/snd/midiC?D?
   The naming schme is: C cardnumber D device number, which would usually be 0
for a starter. If you only have one card you would enter:
/dev/midiC0D0
   Hope that helps.
   Btw.: there's also cuse, the CUrsed SEquencer. It has an ncurses interface
and some nice features. It's no longer maintained though. That's my believe.
Still should be suficient for some recording. Good thing about it: you can
configure it to use keys of your MIDI keyboard to trigger certain commands.
Pick something unlikely to be played at once, like lowest and highest key of
your keyboard pressed together. You get the picture.
   Kindest regards
        Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net