Re: [LAU] How well do thinkpad notebooks work for audio?

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 01:26:22 EEST

I recently setup a Lenovo based video editing laptop (Lenovo is one of
the few manufacturers still with some notebooks including firewire port
and non glossy screen) for a friend and wonder what to do with the
fingerprint reader, isnt that a sort of scanner? Maybe like the early
consumer ones, like a big mouse you have to draw over a picture on your
own, anyone remember that times?
Can you do something fancy, maybe controller stuff with the finderprint
reader, what data provides the driver?

> That's interesting. I thought there was no driver available for the
> fingerprint reader. I'll have to take another look at that.

Cheers,

Malte

--
----