Re: [LAU] In praise of LinuxSampler

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 08 2009 - 11:49:06 EEST

On Friday August 7 2009 22.33.23 Ken Restivo wrote:
> At Julien's recommendation, I purchased the PMI Steinway Gigasample, and
> downloaded and compiled/optimized LinuxSampler/libgig6/liblinuxsampler on
> my Lenny Debian EEE.
>
> LinuxSampler is freakin' awesome!

After reading DP's Linuxsampler article in Linux Journal, I finally started
using it last year; that was _the_ bit of puzzle that made my home
studio/music system "complete" - well, not that one ever can have a complete
system...

I purchased the Natural Drum Kit (and started making gigafiles of it with
Gigedit), First call horns from Big Fish Audio and Dan Dean's Giga Bass
Collection. Linuxsampler really opened a new world for me.

Can only add my self to the Linuxsampler Praise Club, it's a wonderful piece
of work. :-)

Jostein