Re: [LAU] Regular Xruns?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 09 2009 - 14:28:49 EEST

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 9:45 AM, David Baron<d_baron@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I have niced these processes negative. Did not help either (sound breakage
> during other IO or Xorg activity) or the xruns. Xmms (the old one) scarcely
> breaks at all at nice 0.

David - not picking on you in any way, just want to get the message
out there even more clearly: nice(1) has absolutely nothing useful to
offer any issues connected with scheduling processes to meet
hardware-determined deadlines (ie. your audio interface). People need
to get rid of this idea. Its not just "not the best way", its
completely irrelevant.