Re: [LAU] recording my new band

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 08:15:59 EEST

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Bengt Gördén<bengan@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Den Sunday 09 August 2009 03.30.30 skrev Loki Davison:

>> > Because the OP wants an get a stereo mix of a jam session easily
>> > without phase issues.  Plus he already has an audio interface with 2
>> > mic pres.
>>
>> Ahh, so 2 channels is the way to go? I'd love to be able to change the
>> relative volume of the instruments afterwards as i've got a habit of
>> playing a little too loud vs the lead singer ;) Also our lead
>> guitarist is often way too quiet. Though if everyone has there own mic
>> i guess you get strange phase effects? A pair of condensers is best?
>> Non-matched ok?
>
> The community is really good for advice but if you're unfamiliar with
> recording and such I suggest you read something. As you're a swede (no pun
> intended) there is a really nice compilation of recording articles in the
> monthly magazine "Studio". Unfortunatly there is just a pdf left. But here it
> is. I bought it just out of curiosity a few years ago and it was very nice
> reading.
>
> http://shop.idg.se/pdf/articleInfo.asp?mcat=22&cat=80&item=21333
>
> regards,
>
> PS. They have another nice compilation of articles, about mixing.
> http://shop.idg.se/pdf/articleInfo.asp?mcat=22&cat=80&item=20842 DS.
>

> /bengan

Thanks for all the great advice, i've looked into the xy techniques
and there is some great stuff there. I think i'll try coincident xy
and add some spots in later for vocals and lead later if required.
I'll probably pic up the presonus or behringer adat mic pre to add to
my echo gina. Sorry Gördén i don't speak any Swedish, nor am i a
swede! So that's text is a little less informative for me! I'm an
Aussie, and I speak english and german and a bit of russian and
hungarian.

Loki