Re: [LAU] more AVS/Csound "music"

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 11 2009 - 12:57:48 EEST

Greetings,

Thanks to everyone who lent their ears to my latest Csound/AVSynthesis
excursion. You're all very brave. :)

I've placed new versions on-line:

    http://linux-sound.org/audio/studiodave-avs_p01_090805.ogg

    http://linux-sound.org/audio/studiodave-avs_p01_090805.mp3

Not much different, but I reduced the gain on the nasty bits, it sounds
better now.

Garry Ogle wrote:
> If you're gonna publish this as a stand-alone piece - and I think you
> should - I would tidy the ending up a bit.
>
> My inclination would be to crop it at some appropriate point close to
> the end, and then reprise the quieter part of the beginning.
>
> does that make any sense to you?

I followed your suggestion, G, but I'm not sure I care for the reprise.
If you like I'll send an OGG/MP3 of that arrangement and you can let me
know what you think of it. It sounds good, it just doesn't seem to do
anything special for the piece.

Best,

dp