Re: [LAU] In praise of LinuxSampler

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 12 2009 - 02:22:24 EEST

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 08:48:06PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Ken!
> It's GREAT to hear, that you enjoy it that much! I hope we get to hear
> some nice music made with it. :-)

Thanks again for your help!

"Nice", eh? OK, here's some playing around with LinuxSampler and the PMI samples:

http://restivo.org/music/krmusic/covers/milkyway.ogg

It's very much out of my usual style. It's ballad, and a cover of a cheesy 1980's hit by a band called The Church.

I'm taking piano lessons (which I've never had-- I took organ lessons as a kid), and learning how to play ballads, so here's some practice at that.

I figured something diatonic with lots of major chords might be a welcome relief after you had to sit through my chromatic stuff. Enjoy.

Because it's a cover, I might not leave it posted for very long. Also, it's pretty rough and I hope to be able to do better in the future.

-ken