[LAU] Want to say thanks for the help thus far . . .

From: Paul Neaveill <boycotthell2005@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 17 2009 - 23:46:24 EEST

Wanted to let everyone know thanks for the massive assists so far.  Got jack, qtractor, zynsubbaddfx, going and talking to each other and to/from the Yamaha keyboard via standard game (EMU10k1) port MIDI.  Family was quite impressed could play Yamaha keyboard from computer and vice-versa.  Zyn never sounded so beautiful. HT to Paul Nasca.

Ubuntu 9.04 on Dell Dimension 4400 with 1gb ram
EMU10k1 soundcard with MIDI connected via game ports
zyn = 2.2.1-4.1ubuntu1
qtractor = 0.3.0-0ubuntu1
qjackctl = 0.3.4
ardour = 1:2.7.1-2ubuntu1  ** Have been unable to get it to record MIDI as yet

Jack settings:
priority is hard set to default for whatever reason (thought I saw something in an earlier thread about it being set to zero.  Not sure how to fix that part (or if I am totally off-base).  Frames/period are 128 and sample rate is 48000 while periods per buffer is set at 2.  I know several have suggested trying to set it at 3-5 and it refuses to do so (most often resulting in a crash).  It claims to be running real-time, just not sure why it gave 88 xruns in 35 minutes of playing.

ulimit -r = 99
ulimit -l = 64

Not sure what else anyone might need to help troubleshoot, so will await replies.

Thanks in advance
  Paul