Re: [LAU] Auto-wah plugin

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 02:03:49 EEST

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Paul Davis wrote:

>>> I don't know about JackRack, but you can certainly use h/w like a
>>> behringer fcb-1010 wih ardour to control plugins and more.
>>>

>> Mmh such thing would be nice, but Linux lacks good guitar plugins
>> imho...
>
> you can use it to control sooperlooper and freewheeling as well. just
> FYI. not to mention interacting with cool pure data patches,
> supercollider setups and lots more. its just MIDI!

I've got JACK Rack 1.4.7 (64Studio 3.0 beta), and you can control stuff
with MIDI. Right click the control that you want to add... and a dialog
pops up for you to set which MIDI Channel and CC# to listen for.

And ditto on the FCB-1010. I have one, and find it very valuable. :-)
You can pick them up used for about US$100. There's also a "hot rodded"
firmware available (called "Uno") that adds features like a stomp-box
mode.

Peace,
Gabriel