Re: [LAU] Simple, fast, easy notation software?

From: Atte Andre Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 20 2009 - 22:26:59 EEST

Ken Restivo wrote:
> I'm looking for a simple, fast, easy notation software. The goal is
> that I can very quickly input a melody line or riff, maybe overlay
> chord symbols on it, when learning new songs or writing them, so that
> I don't forget them.

May I suggest (as others already have) abc, in particular the very nice
abcm2ps (http://moinejf.free.fr/)? It's easy to learn, flexible and
scales well (I'm even doing big band arrangements in abc).

A simple piano-style composition (of mine) could look like this, which
is pretty enough for me:

http://web4490.web03.talkactive.net/compositions/piano/regnvejr.pdf

--
Atte