Re: [LAU] Freewheeling, keyboard

From: Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 23 2009 - 14:07:13 EEST

Danni Coy wrote:
> Producing loops is all in the timing. Typically you want to repeat
> what you want several times without recording it once you have got a
> good rhythm going then click once at precisely the beginning of the
> cycle and again at precisely the beginning of the next cycle. This
> will ensure a smooth loop.
>
> Practice your timing and rhythm skills. I use Freewheeling with a
> dance mat - I also play stepmania.... Stepmania improves my timing heaps.
I bought a dance pad. I'll experiment with it..

Mmh I can't get stepmania to work on Debian testing or Ubuntu

StepMania-3.9$ ./stepmania
StepMania 3.9
Log starting 2009-08-23 14:03:51
OS: Linux ver 020629
Crash backtrace component: x86 custom backtrace
Crash lookup component: dladdr
Crash demangle component: cxa_demangle
Runtime library: glibc 2.9
Threads library: NPTL 2.9
TLS is available
ALSA: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18a.
ALSA Driver: 0: M Audio Audiophile 24/96 [M2496], device 0: ICE1712
multi [ICE1712 multi], 1/1 subdevices avail
ALSA: dsnd_pcm_hw_params_set_format: Invalid argument
Couldn't load driver ALSA: SetHWParams failed
ALSA: dsnd_pcm_hw_params_set_format: Invalid argument
Mixing 0.000000 ahead in 0 Mix() calls
Couldn't load driver ALSA-sw: SetHWParams failed
Mixing 0.000000 ahead in 0 Mix() calls
Couldn't load driver OSS: RageSound_OSS: ALSA detected. ALSA OSS
emulation is buggy; use ALSA natively.
Language: english
Theme: default
Error: Couldn't find a sound driver that works