[LAU] VST and latency

From: Joseph Dell'Orfano <fullgo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 02:49:04 EEST

Hi all,

I am running jack 0.116 and ardour 2.7.1 on a 64-bit fedora 10 based
planetccrma machine. I am using energy-xt to host VST plugins and I have
to use jackbridge because of the 64-bit jack. I am seeing large
latencies when running effects loops through the VST setup. For example,
I will typically have a buss in ardour with an insert using a VST reverb
plugin hosted by energy-XT. The return audio is audibly late (sounds
like by more than 20 msec). Obviously the
wineasio/jackbridge/energy-xt/vst effect loop is not reporting its
latency back to Ardour.

Any suggestions for handling this? Any idea where the latency is?

Thanks!

-Joe D