Re: [LAU] To improve Linux audio tools: a Blender like idea

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 26 2009 - 17:40:42 EEST

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Francisco
López<lopezfrancisco1985@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm really no expert and never intended to make THAT kind of work, but I
> think we'll encounter some technical issues if we try to do that with free
> audio software under linux.
> For starters, it should require a lot of Library Stacking. Do we have a LOT
> of different great quality orchestral free sample libraries?

The libraries don't have to be free. They have to be in a format
understood by free software. LinuxSampler understands several such
library formats, and is an extremely, extremely efficient sample
playback engine. It can do more than almost any commercial sample
playback software on the same hardware.

> Do we have software that would allow, in a comfortable workflow, to work
> wiht this different stacks of sample material. Could we sequence that by
> midi in a way we can have tempo and mood swings all around the place while
> syncing it in video?

tempo/meter changes have nothing whatsoever to do with sync to video.