Re: [LAU] jack building problem

From: James Cameron <quozl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 30 2009 - 15:03:13 EEST

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 09:13:17AM +0000, frederic rech wrote:
> First command (sh ./autogen.sh) gives this return :
> libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.

Yes, but this is just a warning, and autogen.sh returns zero status,
which means successful completion. Proceed with configure and make.

In future, to check for successful completion status, use your shell to
report it, for example:

$ sh autogen.sh
$ echo $?
0

> Open Makefile.am but can't see ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS

The warning is for the author of the Makefile.am or someone willing to
maintain it ... you'd have to know how to add ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS properly.

Chances are the last person who maintained Makefile.am either wasn't
using your version of libtoolize, or didn't think the warning was worth
fixing.

If you'd like to fix it, study the documentation or other packages that
use this feature.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/