Re: [LAU] back on topic (ableton-like tools for linux)

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 04:48:27 EEST

It's really a fun app, just like FL Studio. There're even people who're
trying to rebrand and sell it.

Anyway, it's not really "simple". I've been arranging my synth tracks all
from within LMMS, including full support for my favourite VSTi. And that was
without any SDK very early on. That is why I don't have Qtractor or
Rosegarden in my workflow, and have grown accustomed to managing MIDI with a
separate app in an ALSA-only session.

With JACK and audio recording support, this will be just as promising as
Ardour 3.