Re: [LAU] What Live is about (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 11:13:33 EEST

Hallo,
Thorsten Wilms hat gesagt: // Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> People can talk about the real or perceived shortcomings of linux audio
> tools all day. Doesn't change a thing. The vague and sometimes silly
> comparisons and the very foggy ideas what some commercial apps actually
> offer are damn frustrating. Would surprise me to read something *new*.

If you want something really *new*, I'd say check this out: http://rjdj.me

I'm biased because I work there. Its main target platform on the customer side
is the iPhone/iPod touch, but Android/Linux would be possible, too. As it uses
Pd inside, it's perfectly possible to produces Scenes for RjDj on Linux. In
fact, some of the popular scenes have been produced on Linux, like the ones by
Chris McCormick and me.

Ciao

--
Frank