Re: [LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

From: Michael Bohle <opendaw@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 15:56:28 EEST

----- original Nachricht --------

Betreff: Re: [LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)
Gesendet: Di, 01. Sep 2009
Von: Dave Phillips<dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>

> Michael Bohle wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >

> Hi Michael !
>
> > You have never seen Garageband? Because there is no similarity between
> LMMS and Garageband in concept. Garageband is a old school daw app (based on
> Logic) but LMMS is this a Techno beat maker (yes like FL)....
> >

> As Bengt pointed out, I was not comparing them structurally.
>
> However, no, I haven't tried Garageband myself, but three of my students
> use it frequently. It seems like a nice program, well-suited to its
> purpose.

Hmmm, not a good comparison. The purpose of FL Studio (aka Fruity loops) is to make pattern based techno, for beginners also for pro's like Mike Oldfield. LMMS is a clone of FL studio.

The magic of Garageband is "Apple Loops" but thats only one aspect. If you make a deeper view, you see a small, but modern songwriter oriented midi sequencer and audio recording daw. Not pattern based, traditional linear.

Michael

--- original Nachricht Ende ----