Re: [LAU] What Live is about (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 16:41:43 EEST

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 23:13 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

Would you please use reply-to-list?

> You are contradicting yourself here. You say you not to build on
> existing apps that are identified as being similar to parts of the AL
> model yet you also say to implement a new backend for the purpose of
> integrating with existing apps.

No, what I'm saying is that it's not a good idea to build on apps that
have one tiny part of the functionality, but are otherwise entirely
different in scope and architecture. Because the bit doesn't help if you
need to completely change everything from the bottom up.

It is a better idea to build on something that might seem quite
different regarding the current user experience, but has suitable
architecture.

Starting with the backend is simply another sensible and obvious
approach.

> You complain about this topic being discussed but you inform us to
> discuss it and implement a solution.

I complain not about it being discussed, but the way it is discussed.

Your ignorance of the other parts my mail imply that you don't have much
substance to offer.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: