Re: [LAU] modular audio apps and control-communication was: off topic

From: sh0099 <sh0099@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 21:06:44 EEST

i know OSC
but there is no communication standard for control data like jack for audio
and i think without this you can not modularise fully.

i am not a pop musican
i use mostly supercollider, ardour and faust.
everything i want to automatise have to be some plugin (faust) or a big
workaround (osc)

and the atvantage of jack are in the global context small when you read
this:

"*Betreff: *FORUM WORKSHOPS - November 18-20, 2009 at IRCAM from 10AM to
6PM daily
Taking advantage of our historic collaboration with Cycling74 for
Max/MSP on the one hand and our récent collaboration with the German
company Ableton, Forum members will be able to get to know Ableton’s
*Live 8* as well as the new possibility of including Max/MSP patches
directly in *Live 8* thanks to *Max for Live*."

these blockheads seam to have also there (private) jack...