Re: [LAU] off topic (was: Re: ableton live in vmware)

From: cunnilinux himself <cunnilinux@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 03 2009 - 13:29:46 EEST

> I feel that cleanly integrating a sampler interface with existing apps will provide a competitive Linux based solution.

i don't think so :)

what makes existing win/mac solutions unbeatable are thousands of VSTs
with thousands of presets working just out of the box.
in fact, there is no more real need to learn anything. just pick some
amount of VSTs, run them in some all-in-one application, use some
ready presets, and you've done.
so, why run all that VST stuff on linux with extra emulation layer if
one can run it all directly on win/mac?

imnsho, linux could be _really_ competitive solution if it had the
same single-buttoned interface with a huge button "yes" a.k.a.
"proceed" :-D

--
sex, bike, open source!