Re: [LAU] Boss GT-n pedal board editor/librarian

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 13:37:58 EEST

Ken Restivo wrote:

> I'd think the only worhtwhile alternative to a GT-3 would be to run Guitarix in Linux, of course.

 From my article on Guitarix
(http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/introducing-guitarix) :

"... it's not a replacement for Guitar Rig
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Rig>, but it's a good start towards
a flexible and powerful guitar effects/amp simulation processor for Linux."

Guitar Rig is a finished commercial product with an impressive set of
polished features. I've tested the demos of different versions, it is
definitely cool stuff. Relatively speaking, Guitarix is just beginning
its development track, though I'll add that it's off to a wonderful start.

Best,

dp