Re: [LAU] midi triggering delay

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Tue Sep 08 2009 - 16:48:27 EEST

James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 10:14:24AM +0100, andy baxter wrote:
>
>> - using a program which turns the computer keyboard into a virtual midi
>> device. This makes the sound much more immediate. Having tried this, the
>> contrast makes it obvious that there is still a problem with delays from
>> the edirol keyboard.

> Watch /proc/interrupts while trying to play, and see what counters
> increment in the matrix. Here's a fun way ... run this in a terminal
> window while playing keys on the MIDI keyboard ...
>
> watch -d --interval=0.1 cat /proc/interrupts
>
> What is the kernel version? You mentioned Debian Testing and Ubuntu
> Jaunty.

I'm using a hand compiled kernel under debian testing - 2.6.26.8 with
the rt16 patch. I also tried a 2.6.29 kernel with rt23, but this didn't
work. (May have been my mistake but I ended up with a problem with
repeating keys and also the jack daemon wouldn't start properly.)

Will try what you've suggested and let you know how it goes.

Many thanks for the time you've spent looking into this.

cheers,

andy