[LAU] Linux Compatible Audio Interface with ADAT?

From: Zachary Klein <zak@email-addr-hidden-chalice.com>
Date: Thu Sep 10 2009 - 04:13:21 EEST

I posted this question at the 64Studio forum, but didn't really get a direct
answer so I figured I try the list.
I am looking for a way to get ADAT IO to my computer. I would like to use
one of the many eight-channel mic-preamp units that output ADAT, and the
only cards I can find that support ADAT IO and linux are RME's Hammerfall
line. However, I would rather not be tied to PCI cards, and the Hammerfalls'
IO is really overkill for my needs (I'm only looking for eight channels; a
single ADAT connection is all I want).

Are there any other Linux compatible cards (preferably USB or FIrewire) that
support ADAT IO?

Thanks,

Zachary A. Klein
www.silver-chalice.com