Re: [LAU] FluidSynth fails to sintetize more 85% events generated by Drum machine ALESIS D4.

From: James Cameron <quozl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 02:10:48 EEST

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 07:36:06PM +0200, Jedi Storm wrote:
> MIDI Keyboard or Virtual Keyboard generate NOTE ON and NOTE OFF events , The
> alesis D4 only generates NOTE ON midi events.

This will be the cause of the symptom.

Change the D4 configuration to generate NOTE OFF events?

I've checked, and fluidsynth has no documented option for inventing the
NOTE OFF events, so you have to generate them.

I've briefly googled, and there are mentions of changing the D4 to
generate NOTE OFF events. I'm not familiar with the D4 myself though.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/