Re: [LAU] Recording of my new band.

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 13:56:46 EEST

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 16:01 +1000, Loki Davison wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Thanks everyone for the help getting the recording stuff for my band.
> We have now recorded quite a bit of stuff, just simple jam recordings
> in Ardour. Here is one of the covers we did, of The Magnetic Fields.
> Using 3 mics, 2 on guitar in x-y and one on vocals. Tell me what you
> think of the vocalists singing too, and well, my guitar playing ;)
>
> http://yoyo.its.monash.edu.au/~loki/The_Turncoats-The_Book_Of_Love.mp3

The vocals are gorgeous. Guitar sounds fine to my
guitar-playing-technical-naive ears. Paying seems relaxed in a way
fitting this song.

Guitar seems to be very close, singer has more distance. Fine that way.

If the voice is cashmere, the guitar is worn out jeans :)

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: