Re: [LAU] Recording of my new band.

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 02:00:47 EEST

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Philippe Hezaine
<philippe.hezaine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Loki Davison a écrit :
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Thanks everyone for the help getting the recording stuff for my band.
>> We have now recorded quite a bit of stuff, just simple jam recordings
>> in Ardour. Here is one of the covers we did, of The Magnetic Fields.
>> Using 3 mics, 2 on guitar in x-y and one on vocals. Tell me what you
>> think of the vocalists singing too, and well, my guitar playing ;)
>>
>> http://yoyo.its.monash.edu.au/~loki/The_Turncoats-The_Book_Of_Love.mp3
>>
>> Loki
>
> You are like Dave Phillips.
> The simplicity, the quality, the beauty.
> Thanks.
> --
>   Phil.

Thanks everyone for the comments :) Philipp, they are the in same
room, it's just recording our practice sessions, the guitar mics pick
up quite a bit of the vocals, not so much bleed the other way around.
Should I move the mics a bit further from the guitar? Phil, you're
complements might be a little over the top but thanks! :)

Loki