Re: [LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] zyn and the art of software maintenance

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 16 2009 - 09:09:03 EEST

Folderol wrote:

> Well I don't know if this was intended, but it's arrived in Linux
> Audio, not Zyn!

yeah, but I sent to both.

> Anyway, progress report :)
>
> First stab at ccmake . gave the error 'Empty cache', but when I did a
> plain cmake . by mistake, the repeated ccmake . lo and behold editable
> fields magically appeared.
>
> Anothe run as cmake . told my that 'unset' in CMakeLists.txt was not
> recognised, so I commented out the three lines from No. 63.
>
> After that I got the complaint that also was not there - well it damn
> well is :) The script was being too optimistic. The alsa version I'm
> running is 1.0.16 and changing the script to accept that seems to work.

hmmm, I keep forgetting, not everyone runs debian testing :-(.

> Initial results running the synth are very good indeed. However there
> is a problem with reverb -> initial delay. It always comes up at 40,
> and changing the control has no effect at all. This is particularly
> noticeable with Wet Brass in Raspberry Jam where there are very short
> stabbing chords.

Yep, interesting. So far I haven't figured it out, but I will.

> I'll do some more testing hopefully tomorrow, but I must say it is
> looking very promising indeed.
>
> P.S.
> Overdrive sounds really good :)

Ah yes, indeed it does! I've been having some serious fun with Overdrive!
An outstanding patch, and nice to have the machinery do it justice.

Over the next day or so I'll trim back cmake's version demands and
expectations, and hopefully fix Wet Brass, then post another update.

Thank you all for your help.

cheers, Cal