Re: [LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] zyn and the art of software maintenance

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 18 2009 - 22:41:27 EEST

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 21:18:38 +1000
cal <cal@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> And so there's 0.010, <http://www.graggrag.com/zyn/yoshimi-0.010.tar.bz2>.
>
> I've tested it with an older version of cmake, so hopefully the lack of
> 'unset' nonsense is over.
>
> cheers, Cal

OK, just given this some torture testing and it is coming out very, very
well :)

The best bit was running 'Lair Of The Dragon King' and recording it via
TimeMachine, while at the same time playing along to it with my MIDI
keyboard using the Hyper Matrix patch. Processors peaking at around 70%
but not a single pffuzz burble or click :D

All the other tunes ran fine and sounded correct.

I was able to change voice patches while running, there were clicks
sometimes - especially when loading the more complex ones, but I'm not
at all surprised by that. There were no zombies of major screw-ups.

I was also able to silently open the virtual keyboard and use both the
mouse pointer and the computer keyboard to play along, without any
noticeable problems.

I should also add, I was reloading parameter sets without quitting
yoshimi at all. With zyn 2.2.1 this is a guaranteed way to get zombies.

Minor quibbles:
It seems ccmake can't run without a default cache script. I have to run
cmake first then go back to ccmake, then cmake again.

I'd removed a dev package (no I don't know why either) and it reported
a missing package but didn't say which one it was! That was fun for a
while :)

On the main display, the instrument name is above the box, not in it.

P.S.
I would really, really like direct recording back.
... please
... pretty please :)

--
Will J Godfrey