Re: [LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] zyn and the art of software maintenance

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 02:21:08 EEST

On Saturday 19 of September 2009 00:57:04 rosea grammostola wrote:
> > I noticed earlier that you're running with a jack period size 128.
> > For my benefit in seeking robustness, does yoshimi behave any
> > better for you with a period size of 256?
>
> Yes > 256 improves playing, but choosing a new instrument bank
> zombifies yoshi directly

No zombies here, but I get xruns almost every time I switch instruments
in yoshimi.
Of course that's not nearly as bad as zombified clients, but at least it
indicates that something about yoshimi's realtime behaviour is still not
quite right (although it behaves much better than zynaddsubfx).

What's your Jack client timeout (jackd -t, default is 500ms)? What
happens if you increase it? What if you add -Z to your Jack command
line?

Dominic