Re: [LAU] [Zynaddsubfx-user] zyn and the art of software maintenance

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 21:28:32 EEST

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:42:54 +1000
cal <cal@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > Here the build fails at the linking stage with undefined refs to
> > gzopen & co. I do have gzip and devel files installed.
>
> I still don't see how it manages to link (for some) as is, so I've added
> a check for libz to CMakeLists.txt, which then explicitly adds libz to the
> link mix. Hopefully that'll fix it for you, but I can't really tell.
>
> From Will J Godfrey's list of quirks, I think I've fixed
> - silent failure when a couple of required resources weren't found
> - the wandering instrument name on main panel
>
> And so there was 0.011, <http://www.graggrag.com/zyn/yoshimi-0.011.tar.bz2>
>
> I believe there's a couple of remaining quirks related to a very tentative
> attempt to replace some of the multitude of char [] allocations with
> std::string, eg part name and friends. I figure it'll come down to either
> fixing those and taking that effort further, or simply reverting to the
> original (and reasonably well behaving) form. Advice anyone?
>
> cheers, Cal

Haven't had the chance to try this version yet, but have been doing a
lot of work with 0.010

I can confirm that both the addsynth and subsynth parameter controls
seem to be working fine at quite a deep level, also effects reverb,
chorus, phaser & distortion are responding as I'd expect.

... and I've now created a few new voice patches :)

I must put them up sometime.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk