Re: [LAU] Some late summer music

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 23:48:16 EEST

Hi Robert,

On Saturday September 19 2009 20.52.31 Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Comments and critique are quite welcome!

I've been listening to this great song two times (downloaded it ten minutes
ago), and here is mys first quick impressions:

Starting with the good stuff first (and this is the most important): Great
singing and voice and great song! And all that musical things with instruments
and vocals that happens on the chorus makes me wanna play the song over and
over - "skitbra"! :-) You have also done a good job in separating the
instruments in the mix.

Now, some words about the arrangement and the production: The way you compress
your vocals (and adds some dist?), and cuts frequencies is a little bit much -
I know: it's quite common to do it this days, but I think your voice have
qualities that deserves a better treatment. Another word about the drums: The
HH do have way to high volume and the song will benefit if you do some "pedal
Hi-hat" in 4/4 when playing on the toms; the float stops when the HH stops.
Also consider to use some decaying instrument in the choruses.

Did you sit a little long time when mixing? I hope you take some rest from the
song and try one more time. You and this song deserves to be heard by a big
audience :-)

Jostein