Re: [LAU] [ANN] QXGEdit 0.0.1 released!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 20 2009 - 16:52:08 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> Ten years after,
>>
>> nothing to do with Alvin Lee's but one by-product of this
>> über-procrastinator of yours truly :) here goes one more strike to the
>> Linux Audio ecosystem.
> Hi Rui,
>
> I discovered this one when I was writing my report on audio/MIDI
> projects on SourceForge, I wondered then why you hadn't announced it.
> Alas, I don't have the hardware to test it, but I'm glad you made an
> editor for the piece.

well, this thingie was in my tool-chain for quite some time. it was only
this late summer vacation that brought it to sf.net and ultimately make
the announcement today on the very last days of summer'09:)

as said on the announcement, the db50xg daughter board it's a rare piece
of junk. these days you can only find it on ebay as any soundcard
providing a waveblaster connector that you need to plug it in.

all my boxes have one of these, usually piggy backed on a turtle beach
santa cruz pci sound card. it works perfect. but i do also have a pair
of those stand-alone, in good ol'solder-iron-diy way from an elektor
magazine pcb design (ca. june 96 iirc). btw, there's a german company, i
guess located in karlsruhe (geist-electronic.de), that sells all parts,
pcb and custom metal casing for you to revive this precious niche project.

byee

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden