Re: [LAU] [Lmuse-user] Fwd: Some late summer music

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 21 2009 - 09:33:10 EEST

@Norval
@James
Thanks for the praise, glad you liked it!

@Linux Media
> This is definitely a good song. I have a knack of knowing what the public
> will like next and I have been thinking this kind of sound is something
> people will want to hear soon. We are at a time when people want to have fun
> and hear good music and I think this has that quality.

:-) sounds good. I'll send it to some radio stations then :-)

> Regardless of the social comments... I just liked the song. And I'm
> surprised the drums were done with midi. They sound live and real.

Indeed, I'm no drummer but am quite happy with the feel of the drums.
VST drum plugins are not cheap but are a good solution for a non
drummer to get good sounding drums.

I wouldn't mind though if there was a generally available kit which
can do the basic stuff.
With drums I've come to the conclusion that it's not enough to have
just a sample library. There is a need for an artificial drummer to
give a human feel to it. It's not rocket science, as far as I
understand the main thing is to rotate drumsamples to keep it from
feeling static. Can be done with midi only, a good simple library and
constantly changing the velocity but it's very hard work.

> I actually put GMPlayer on repeat and listened to the song for a while.

Great :)

Regards,
Robert