Re: [LAU] Musical Score Editors - some advice for beginners

From: Emiliano Grilli <emiliano.grilli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 19:01:10 EEST

Werner Schweer <ws@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> MuseScore is still being developed.

I'm trying version 0.9.5 and I find it a really nice
application. Although I'm not that confindent with written music, I'm
willing to learn: and musescore has a great appeal in this regard.

However, I'm not able to connect it with external MIDI synthesizers. I
see alsa midi ports but nothing seems to pass through them (tried
with kmidimon). If I select to use the MIDI out in the preferences the
song won't start at all, while with the internal synth all is working
good.

Any hints on this problem?

Best regards,

--