Re: [LAU] Light laptop setup ?

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 01:48:13 EEST

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:30:54 +1000,
M Watts <zwy648rct@email-addr-hidden> wrote :

> On 09/28/2009 03:36 AM, lanas wrote:
> > 1) What is the most easiest-to-setup MIDI/audio interface for a
> > laptop ? Fedora 11 will be installed on the laptop.
>
> Then easiest would be Planet CCRMA. From a fresh F11 install, I did
>
> rpm --import
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/RPM-GPG-KEY.planetccrma.txt
>
> and
>
> rpm -Uvh
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/11/i386/planetccrma-repo-1.1-2.fc11.ccrma.noarch.rpm

I know. I've tried launching jack (qjackctl) on both F11 x86_64
worskations and it fails on both, failing to open alsa device or
something like that. Of course, regular sound works on both machines.
I bookmarked a cript I think made by Fernando (CCRMA) to be able to
actually use jacks and I should take a look at it.

Do you run jackd w/o any problems on your F11 installation ?

Cheers.