Re: [LAU] some live tracks - need some advice

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 16:10:23 EEST

Robert Jonsson wrote:

> You have some mad skills, sounds great! :) Really really great.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for listening and your reply. We do have a lot of fun in this
group, it's a trio of some fairly experienced players.

Btw, if anyone's player doesn't render the tags, the performers are:

Terry McClanahan - guitar
Dave Phillips - bass and vocal
Rusty Campbell - drums

> Listening through in-ear phones at work and I think it sounds awesome.
> Ok the bass may be a bit too pronounced at times so cutting some lows
> may be the ticket to get a bit more even. Though, just running it
> through jamin may be all you need.
>
> It feels very live and bluesy. I think it would fit straight up on a
> live blues album.

That's the plan. Some of our gigs don't pay very well, so we make up the
difference by selling CDs. The sales usually net 2x to 3x the nominal
pay. Blues gigs aren't exactly money-makers here in NW OH USA. :-/

Best regards,

dp